Thursday, March 12, 2020

Book Review of "Last Argument of Kings - First Law Trilogy Book 3"

The fantastic First Law Trilogy ends with the "Last Argument of Kings" - it's been a good ride. The third book isn't exactly as "nasty" as the first two - but it has all the elements that made the first two books good - intriguing characters, fast paced action and an engaging story. I wouldn't call the First Law Trilogy one of the best fantasy books I have read, but they are definitely one of the entertaining ones. In fact, I wouldn't mind reading more about 'Sand Dan Glokta' and some of the other characters. This book gives a satisfying action packed conclusion and in my mind winds down all the important story arcs neatly. I don't necessarily like or agree with the way all those story arcs ended, but I'll say that's just me and not anything against the book - there aren't any obvious logical holes or odd u-turns. Overall, fun and interesting - 4/5. Got to admit, this genre of 'grimdark' is starting to grow on me :) 

No comments: