Monday, November 28, 2022

Book Review of "V for Vendetta"

Politically charged and heavily metaphorical - “V for Vendetta” is one of those “must-read” graphic novels. To me, the writing, character development, and the overall unraveling of the plot were top notch but I didn’t particularly enjoy the artwork - hence the 4 stars. 

This is also one of the few times where I had seen the movie adaptation before reading the source material. Even though I liked the movie and would rate it as above average, I can see now, why the writer, Alan Moore, preferred not to be associated with the movie publicly. The book is about juxtapositioning fascism and anarchy blaming society for inaction whereas the movie puts a definite hopeful spin at the end. Nevertheless, this is a thought-provoking read - especially if you like action and drama taking place with a socio-political backdrop.

No comments: