Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Book Review of "Payer for the Crown-Shy - Monk & Robot #2"

"You don’t have to have a reason to be tired. You don’t have to earn rest or comfort. You’re allowed to just be. I say that wherever I go.”

Having enjoyed the first book in the Monk & the Robot series, I picked up the second one - “A Prayer for the Crown-Shy” - hoping to get more of the thought-provoking philosophical discussions between a fully sentient robot and a monk, but what I got was less discussions and a whole lot more of a commune-like world building - which I admit was slightly annoying to me. I still enjoyed this book and will pick it up when the 3rd one of the series comes by but not completely sold on the whole narrative of the Crown-Shy.

“So, you see, it’s enough that I’m experientially different; I don’t want to be physically different, too.”

No comments: